Monday, January 31, 2011

Opening Reception of "Legacy" at UNH Museum of Art, 1/28/11

I made it to the opening of "Legacy" on Friday and was especially excited for this exhibit because I really wanted to see what alumni of the UNH art program have created.  Seeing all their work inspired me and reinforced the idea that it is possible to continue with art as a career after college (and even if art does not become my career, it will certainly still have a major presence in my life).  

One of the other things that I really enjoyed about this show and opening was just seeing the wide variety of different styles, different subjects, and different ways of approaching the making of art.  Whereas some of the exhibitions at the Museum of Art have been focused closely on only a couple people, this one was great because it showed such a breadth of work.  Although there were some artists that I would have enjoyed seeing more than one or two pieces from.  

Here are some pieces that I especially liked, particularly for their color and texture:

Thomas Park Glover, Gulls with a Barrel of Bait, 2010


Arthur Balderacchi, At the Edge of the Marsh, 2010


Brett Gamache, Red Onions on a Blue Plate, 2010


Sean Hurley, Cement Factory, 2010


Trisha Coates, Cleo's Famous Sprouts Teapot, 2009


(images take from UNH Museum of Art website

No comments:

Post a Comment